Anyone else shocked that even now, in 2009 when America has inaugurated a multicultured intellectual, that the EU’s foremost concern is the, EU?
Ok…so, two weeks have passed and not only did we see several high level appointees display their conservative hatred for taxes, and the global community try their hand at dominating the friendly new guy, but Obama himself has:
- eased the worst fears of Jihadis everywhere
- banned “uncomfortable” situations for captured foreign murderers
- enthusiastically endorsed the biggest robbery in world history
- offered the Muslim world our newly recognized shame for 30 years of maltreatment, while refusing to highlight any American sacrifices for Muslim causes
- And today by appearing to recant aspects of the stimulus bill which might have actually helped Americans, showed us what “restoring” dialogue with our allies in Europe is all about. Ceding American power and relegating her once-proud inhabitants to merely equal, “citizen of the world” cohabitants.
Is it too late to ask when the homies (Obama’s countrymen) get something from the grab-bag of change or is it all all for bureaucrats, Muslims, and Europeans?
It remains to be seen if Obama believes as so many liberals do, that Americans, by way their global citizenship, and in the name of utilitarianism, are better off with a muted America.